Yoga has been a wonderful and healing practice for me over the years. As a practice, it taught me to let go of competition and comparison, to give myself time and space to explore what it meant to be alive, to breathe, to move, to feel.
The terms ‘Yoga’ means ‘Union‘ – and I feel that the union that occurs through the practice is personal and universal. We unite all aspects of ourselves – Body, Mind, Heart, and Soul. And we unite the Spark of Life within us with the Spark of Life that is in all, and that is the Essence of the Divine.
For 22 years now, I have been exploring various styles of Yoga – from Integral to Kundalini, from Iyengar to Ashtanga, from Moksha to Kripalu. The style I love best and that is expressed most in my classes is Hatha Vinyasa: a mix of the traditional form with a great sense of flow, linking movement with breath. I completed my Yoga Teacher Training course in 2004 at the Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica where the focus was on Interdisciplinary Yoga – a mix of Hatha, Kripalu, and Power Yoga.
Breath is life. Prana is everything. Each posture is a portal into an awareness of physical sensation, an expanded possibility of thought & belief, an opening into full heart space, and a gift for the soul.
Yoga Teacher Training in Costa Rica
This unique and magical Hatha Vinyasa based Yoga Teacher Training led by Lori Myles-Carullo will be held in the heart of Costa Rica at Mystica Lodge. Each of the three main modules of the training is connected with a powerful element of the healing journey through Yoga: Liberation, Transformation, and Empowered Creation.
This 200 hour intensive and inspiring course (which is also a life-changing journey of personal growth + development) is invaluable for those aspiring to teach or for students seeking to deepen their practice and understanding of yoga. Like any quality learning experience, you will have vital information to draw upon long after the program is over.
The aim of this training is to cultivate the qualities of skill, passion, intelligence, intuition, compassion, and wisdom to be able to teach authentically. Upon completion of this course, you will feel confident in your ability to lead Yoga safely and effectively with heart-felt insight into what the essence of the practice is all about.
The curriculum for ‘The Essence of Yoga’ has been created to meet and exceed the Yoga Alliance standards and is conducted by a qualified and inspired instructor (E-RYT 200).
- When you participate in this 200 Hour Vinyasa Teacher Training program, you will:
- Deepen your practice and understanding of Yoga
- Gain the tools, hands-on experience, and confidence needed to teach a dynamic Hatha Vinyasa class (Mystic Flow Yoga)
- Enrich and expand your own yoga practice through daily practice
- Gain a greater understanding of the asanas along with their benefits and effects
- Learn how to structure and create a cohesive, well-rounded yoga class – the process of aligning poses in a way that you can go into progressively deeper poses smoothly
- Gain insight into your own habitual behaviors and learn the tools and skills needed to transform and heal – on and off the mat
- Strengthen your authentic voice
- Learn to work with injuries and prenatal students
- Have a basic understanding of yoga history + philosophy
- Enhance communication skills
- Teach clearly, poetically, and passionately
- Embrace the confidence and teaching tools to teach yoga
- Develop personal and professional ethics and boundaries in teaching
- Experiential Learning – You will have an opportunity throughout the course and at the end of the training to teach and be provided with valuable feedback regarding your teaching
Students will receive a Certificate upon course completion and graduation that they can use to share with prospective employers and to apply for insurance as qualified Yoga teachers.
This course, like yoga, is a powerful and transformative experience. It serves as a sacred circle designed for your growth, development, and healing. The time and energy you spend in Mystic Yoga Academy’s 200 hour training is one of the best investments you can make in yourself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. You will leave with a stronger asana practice and a deeper understanding and lived experience of Yoga is a way of life. Friendships will develop that will long outlast the magical month of teacher training.
Breathe love. Live love. Inspire love.
N.B. If you are interested in participating in this beautiful and powerful training, please contact Lori Myles-Carullo (email@example.com) for more detailed information and to receive your application form. Thank you and Namaste!
Lori’s love affair with yoga began twenty-two years ago in Montreal at McGill University. As a dancer and a very spiritual being in her essence, the movement, breath, and space that Yoga offered spoke to her soul and ignited a spark that has only gotten stronger and more powerful over the years.
Lori explored the various Yoga styles of Integral, Sivananda, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Kundalini, Hatha Vinyasa, and Kripalu, and loves to share elements of all of these in her teaching. She took her first 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course at the Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica in 2004, and that transformational month changed her life forever in the best way. With twenty years of loving service in the healing arts, Lori brings a tremendous gift to the Yoga training through her expertise as a registered E-RYT 200 Yoga Instructor, a Massage Therapist, a Reiki Master, and a Psychotherapist with a Master’s Degree in Transpersonal Psychology. Lori also self-published her first book four years ago, entitled: ‘Beauty’s Way: Inspiration on the Path of Awakening’.
It is a true honor and a pleasure for Lori to be one of your Yoga guides at Mystica (www.mysticacostarica.com), a magical retreat center in the heart of Costa Rica that has been one of her cherished homes for many years. Lori lives an adventurous, multi-national life, bridging Canada, Costa Rica, and Italy.